Dog Ticks: A Guide in Preventing and Treating These Pests in Dogs
Ticks are not just annoying but also disappointing as well. Ticks are not safe for our beloved dogs and to us. Because of the risks and danger it brings to us and to dogs, there are numerous newsletters that detail more about ticks and the dangers it brings to pets and their pet owners. If you want to learn more about these pests and how to prevent its onset, continue reading this newsletter.
The Hazards Brought by Ticks to Dogs
1. Aside from the fact these pests arent appealing to the eyes, these are also hard to remove from your pets skins. This is especially true when these pests hid in the fur of our dogs.
2. Ticks also have the ability in infesting human beings.
3. They are carriers of diseases not only to pets but also to us. Some of these diseases include Lyme disease, tick paralysis, anemia, and etc.
4. There are also instances where ticks are seen nesting in diverse furniture fixtures at home like beds, tables and sofa.
Early detection is very important in successfully treating and preventing tick infestation. Make sure that you take extra time to check the furs of your dogs and yourself as well, especially when you bring out for outdoor strolling. Continue perusing this newsletter to get additional tips in preventing the onset of these ticks in your pets and in your home. In this newsletter, you will also get information on the diverse tick-borne diseases symptoms.
Tips in Preventing Tick Bites
If there are ways of preventing and repelling ticks, then there are also effectual and safe methods of repelling ticks and this are discussed further in this newsletter.
1. For those who are afraid to use over-the-counter medications, then can incorporate garlic and apple cider vinegar in the meals of their dogs. The odors of these ingredients are unappealing to them.
2. For those who want safe and sustainable solutions, then can purchase lavender shampoo, geranium rose essential oil, and lemon-infused water from any pet around. You can apply these solutions to the fur of dogs to prevent ticks from biting them.
3. Be sure to consult your trusted veterinarians for other topical medications.
How to Spot Tick Bites in Your Dogs?
1. Pet owners should allocate extra time to play with their dogs so as to entertain them and to give you time to check for tick bites in their bodies. You can do it by using gentle pressure in examining for small scratches, bumps and irregularities in their bodies.
2. It is also suggested to regularly check diverse areas of their bodies for signs of ticks such as eyes, under their collars, toes, tails, ears, and legs.
Adhere to the pointers found in this newsletter if you want to prevent and to protect your dogs from ticks.
Another Source: read here